Corporate matching gifts are a great way to maximize personal contributions to the museum and increase the impact of individual gifts. By taking advantage of a company’s matching gift benefit, you may be able to double or even triple the amount of a contribution.
How do I get my gift matched?
Each company has its own guidelines for employees, spouses, retirees, and widows/widowers. Most corporate procedures are very simple:
- Request a Matching Form from your company.
- Complete and submit the form to the Virginia War Memorial Foundation along with your gift.
- the Virginia War Memorial Foundation will verify the completed form and return it to the company.
- The company issues a matching gift contribution to the War Memorial.
- Completed forms can be sent with your personal gift to:
The Virginia War Memorial Foundation
621 South Belvidere Street
Richmond, Virginia 23220
Several of central Virginia’s biggest employers have generous matching gift programs, including but not limited to:
- Bank of America
- Capital One
- Dominion Resources, Inc.
- Genworth Financial
- Markel Corporation
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Virginia Credit Union
- Wells Fargo